Prescott Area Info
Why I LOVE Prescott
Seventeen years! We’ve been discovering all that’s special about our new hometown for that LONG and here’s our list of some favorites.
- El Gato Azul – Creekside, quirky, serving small plates to full lunches or dinners with a well stocked bar. Paella like my mom used to make!
- Gurley Street Bar & Grill – comfort food with a twist. My hubby loves their burgers!
- The Peacock Room @ the Hassayampa Inn – OMG their lemon ricotta pancakes! Great place to gather for Sunday teas, outdoor drinks, lunch or dinner.
- Murphy’s – reminds me of restaurants in Boston. During the season they fly fresh salmon in. Heaven!
- The Raven – club chair seating, rooftop patio, great salads and sandwiches. Extensive wine & beer menu. Weekend music. Great hip vibe!
- The Lone Spur – HUGE, no really HUGE portions. Love their omelets. Get there early or plan to wait.
- Waffles N More – our favorite go-to breakfast spot. Get their before 11 AM for $8.00 breakfasts---the list of options is long! CASH only.
- The Diner Bell – great creek side outdoor patio! HUGE cinnamon rolls! CASH only. Arrive early on the weekend.
- BigA – regular menu AND inventive daily specials featuring locally sourced produce. Intimate setting but can get a little noisy when full.
- The Junction – nicely stocked salad bar, one of the few in the area. Great weekend breakfast buffet! HUGE menu.
- The Palace – go for the history (a scene from Junior Bonner was filmed here) , the food, the servers dressed in period costume and those swinging bar doors.
- Lynx Creek Café – if you are lucky enough to get a window seat overlooking the lake nothing else matters!
- Mexico Lindo – HUGE portions, enough to share. Brightly painted tables and chairs and I hear the Margaritas are super!
- Papa’s Italian Restaurant –it’s just like being in Italy but cheaper without the airfare ðŸ˜Š
- Wildflower – great salads and soups and more. On premises baked breads and rolls!
- Bonn Fire, Chino Valley – saloon-style building with a featured pie-of-the-month. YUM!
- Aroma Pizza, Chino Valley – great sauce, crisp crust, generous with toppings. My best friend swears by the Eggplant Parm too.
- Daylight Donuts – offer military and first responder discounts.
- The Porch – you’d swear Joanna Gaines decorated this spot! Lot’s of cozy seating, great scones & coffee. Great place to meet.
- Outlaw Donuts – home of the BEST apple fritter, according to a blind tasting I did with friends.
Fun Stuff – Seasonal and otherwise
- Walking around Courthouse Plaza with my Airedale Terrier, Duke. No better way to meet new friends!
- Downtown Music - everything from Jazz to Bluegrass. Bring your folding chair, a picnic, sit back & enjoy! Prescott is home to some serious musicians!
- Film Festival – we saw the world premiere of Snowman AND had a chance to talk with the director via satellite. How cool is THAT?!
- Historic Downtown Prescott Walking Tour, Prescott Heritage Trail, & Haunted Prescott Tours
- Concerts, plays, lectures and classes @ Yavapai College
- The Planetarium at Embry-Riddle College
- Highlands Center – hiking, lectures and more in an incredible setting!
- The Phippen Museum, Sharlot Hall Museum, The ‘Tis Art Gallery and so many more!
- Hiking, walking, biking, or horseback riding the trails of Granite Mountain, Thumb Butte, Granite Dells, Peavine, and Brownlow Trail @ Pioneer Park.
- A daytrip to the tall pines in the Groom Creek area. Fishing or paddle boating in Goldwater Lake.
- Heritage Park Zoo – Zoo By Moonlight
- Prescott Public Library – lectures and BOOKS!
- The Peregrine Book Store – readings, book signings
- Jay’s Bird Barn – for everything birding at its best!
We also love that Prescott is about an hour’s drive to Sedona & Phoenix and 90 minutes to Flagstaff.
- Chris & Pam, Prescott Valley, AZ
- Dale Arenson
- Darlene Cupp
- Jen D, Dewey, AZ
- Dennis & Elizabeth Beverage, Chino Valley, AZ
- Pam Gillespie, Prescott
- Lois & Will, Sunnyvale, CA
- Bill and Rachel Thomas, Prescott, AZ
- First Time Buyers, Sunnyvale, CA
- Melonie, Prescott
- Lisa & Lee, Mountain View, CA
- Laura & David, Los Altos, CA
- Jean Winslow, Prescott AZ
- Mary & Denis Hyatt, Prescott
- Tim and Dawn, Bucharest Romania
- Barry and Millie Redden, Prescott
- Jeri Arenson, Inscription Canyon, Prescott
- Satisfied Customer
- Rick Cleland, Inscription Canyon, Prescott, AZ
- Bob and Janet Ells, Chino Valley, AZ
- Nancy & Mitch Oliver, San Diego, CA
- Mitch Oliver, San Diego